Tuesday 7 January 2014

London Mime Festival

London Mime Festival is a 25 day festival of contemporary visual theatre of wordless performance including physical theatre, puppetry, new circus, object theatre and live art. Storys are told throughout the festival and it opens with Company Non Nova which present work exploring issues relevant today. Read more about London Mime Festival here.

Fet a Ma
Compagnie 111 Aurelien Bory/ Stephanie Fuster


Gecko
Compagnie Non Nova


I have never been nor heard of this festival but it sounds like this is the sort of thing I really love. I will definitely try and go to a performance or two.

The video clip below shows Company Non Nova performance to Debussy's Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune. An extremely interesting performance through the use of dancing plastic bags controlled by fans. I am not sure whether I would like to see the whole performance of this but it does leave me intrigued and inspired!
Take a look at their website. It hurts my brain!



This video clip shows a little about how this is done.


London Mime Festival runs from 8th January to 1st February 2014. Check their website to see all the events and book tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment